As part of my Rotund Writer Challenge I pledged to:
- Write 2,000 words per day Monday to Friday (or 10,000 words per week);
- Run (move) for an hour every day Monday to Friday (on Sundays I do karate);
- Stop eating sugar and foods that process as sugar.
People have already approached me unofficially wanting to join the challenge. They also wish to know whether they have to write as much as/only 2,000 words and run. My response to this is:
It is you challenge, you set the limits.
The only condition is that you do at least two of the pledges, preferably the writing and the physical activity ones.
- You don’t have to write 2,000 words a day; it is your challenge and you have to pitch it to your level. You can choose to write 1,000 words or 3,000 words – the pledge is to do it and do it five days a week.
- You don’t have to run; you can power walk, swim or cycle; you could do martial arts or dance. The pledge and the challenge is to do a minimum of one hour five days a week so that your fitness improves.
- Cutting chocolate, sugar and carbs out of your diet (at least some of the time) is optional.
To join the challenge tell me what are your pledges in a message below.